Sunday, October 4, 2009

Welcome To The Party



Hello all. I thought that the best way to celebrate my birthday this year (October 4th) would be with the launch of my new site – Let Us Bear Fruit. I love to have a good time and I’m sure you do too. The best way I know to celebrate is by giving.

Rather than be constrained by one night at the Hilton I have opted to invite you into my home in order to keep the party going all week. As your hostess I will provide the appetizer soup/salad and main course. You are invited to bring the side dish, dessert or beverage of your choice. Stop by our comments section, sign in and tell us who you are and what you brought.

Please stop by daily for the opportunity to mingle with old friends and make new acquaintances.

I’d love for you to sign up for the blog so that you’ll always know what’s going on here. Don't forget to invite friends and have them tell me that YOU invited them. The person who brings the most guests will be awarded a very special reader’s basket. Winner will be announced on Sunday, October 11th.



Enough talk, let’s get this party started.

Ice Breaker
You can see that I have featured a Peach Cobbler rather than a cake for this celebration. There is a good reason for that – I don’t like cake. Well, there is one that I will eat.

For the opportunity to leave today's brunch with a lovely parting gift, be the first person to correctly identify the one cake you think I might eat.
________________________

Sunday Brunch

Appetizer
Grilled shrimp marinated in tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, basil and cayenne pepper
Vegetable trays – and of course our fruit of the day,
Salad
Field Greens topped with sun dried cranberries, mandarin orange slices and slivered almonds served with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing

Main Course
Grilled Salmon with caper tomato vinaigrette
or
Cranberry glazed Shitake mushrooms stuffed with seasoned ground turkey

Can't wait to sample what you brought. Thank you for coming.



Be Blessed -- Linda!

23 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy, yummy. How dare you torture us so early on a Sunday morning. HAPPY BIRTHWEEK HONEY. I know you are utter perfection cause my daddy was born Oct. 9 and according to him, octoberians are the best people in the world. And if you are anything like him--then you are okay in my book. Now, send me that cobbler recipe. I sho- looks slap yo' mammy good. Now to other more mundane thangs, I am such a dinosaur with all this new fangled bloggin and stuff. I need a prehistoric overhaul. I wanna learn how to tweet and do have a webcam thing-a-mah-jig like Miley Cirus. Can somebody hep a 54 year ol' dinasaur out? Oh did I mention HAAAAAPPPPPPEEEEE BIRFDAAAAAY!!!
    yolanthapace@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like cake either, but I will nibble on certain ones. I have 2 in mind that you might eat a carrot cake or pound cake, my spirit says carrot cake, Umm my answer is carrot cake..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I have the contest response out of the way:

    Happy Birth week, month and year to you!
    May God bless you and keep you!!

    As a diabetic I should not have any of these sweets mentioned so I will wait for the main course...
    BTW I make a mean vegetarian cassorole, I'll bring it to the party.
    OK see you all when I return from church and a fund raiser around 6pm today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My answer: I do think you will eat pineapple upside down cake.

    Here's my side dish:
    FRIED CALAMARI (with tomato Sauce)

    Here's my Dessert:
    Fruit and Yogurt Parfait (fresh strawberries and blueberries)

    SHAYE

    ReplyDelete
  5. ***Mingling****

    Nice to meet you Missy and Big wave to the first blogger!!

    I'm SHAYE from Central Florida. I signed on as Anonymous until I got the hang of this thing.. LOL. I need 'blog intervention'..

    **Mingling***

    Anyone wanna do the ELECTRIC SLIDE later?? Smiling

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((((HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA)))
    Beautiful feast! The Electric Slide? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Linda. Love the new site. Continued blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ms. Yolantha it's been a long time. Thank you so much for coming.

    I understand needing to keep up with technology. Be sure to come back often, we will be offering a course hear for those wishing to update their skills.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Missy. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is not partial to cake.

    Your guesses brought up some great choices. Stay tuned to find out if you are correct.

    Thank you for coming. Hope to see you tomorrow.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh Ms. Missy that vegetarian casserole sounds heavenly. Can't wait to dig in.

    You wouldn't by chance want to share that recipe would you? LOL

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay Ms. Shaye you're just showing out, and I like it. We've made room on the table for the Calamari, but I may need to hide the parfaits for later.

    Pineapple Upsidedown cake - tends to be a crowd pleaser - we'll see if that is the correct answer.

    Thanks for stopping by and mingling. I'll see you tomorrow. BTW, I'll have your parfait glasses cleaned and ready when you arrive.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ms. Minnie now you know we have to limber up before we hit the floor, but if you're game I'll join you. LOL

    Thank you for coming and always being such an encouragement to me.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the birthday wishes Kendra.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!

    May God bless you with many more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Linda! I'm glad there is plenty of good food left. You don't look a day older. That's because I know you love butter pound cake made froms scratch! Peach cobbler is good but it doesn't have anything on your absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did not know what cake you would eat but my guess would have been German chocolate but I now know that it is butter pound cake (home made) I like those as well, anyhow I hope you have a glorious B-day and many,many more.

    Stay Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shelia you know that as we grow older, flattery will get you much. LOL

    So you think its a butter pound cake -- we'll see.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Ms. Ginny. It's been a day or two. Thank you so much for stopping by. German chocolate cake or butter pound cake. Great choices. We'll see soon if either of those selections are correct.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Linda,

    I stopped by last night, but your blog didn't seem to like my google profile. I hope you had a Blessed birthday and I love that you are continuing the celebration.

    I think I had cheesecake for my birthday, but I might have to try out the peach cobbler next time. :)

    Talk to you soon!

    Blessings,

    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for stopping by Ty.

    You can't go wrong with a great peach cobbler.

    Please come back.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birth Week Linda!

    Your blog site is filled with loveliness, much like your spirit. Thank you so much for inviting me here. The peach cobbler is perfection!

    All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Donna. I'm happy to see you here. Please come again. Glad you're enjoying the menu.

    Linda!

    ReplyDelete